Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lesson #17

Lesson #17: Learn to be handy.

This is a big one. Since my parents live on an island in the middle of nowhere my dad has learned to be extremely handy around the house. He still won't touch lunch meat, but he can replace screen, maintain a swimming pool, fix the roof, repair all sorts of things, and is now well-versed in a myriad of handyman tasks.

This is a great lesson, because it's encouraged me to become more handy around the house. I can replace a dishwasher, install a washer and dryer, replace screen, balance our pool's levels, replace an outlet without electrocuting myself, and a bunch of other things. In fact, as I was fixing the screen the other day, the boys asked where I'd learned to do such a task. They were mighty impressed, but not really that surprised, when I said that my dad had taught me.

Thanks for this great lesson, Dad! I hope I can pass it on to my kids too!

I love you!

No comments: