Friday, July 4, 2008

Lesson #20

Lesson #20 - If you're planning to surprise someone it has to be timed really well.

My dad traveled a lot for work while I was growing up and he especially hated going to Boston. It was, pardon the pun, just not his cup of tea. (hehehehe - sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Well, one time my mom got this brilliant idea to surprise him by flying up to meet him. All would have gone smoothly if the plane hadn't been a bit late and traffic wouldn't have been snarled. Timing, you know?

So, after a long day of training classes my dad calls home to say hi and chat with my mom. She, of course, is not there. So, I have to stall, because I'm the unlucky one who answered the phone.

Let's just say that trying to stall with my dad on the phone is not an easy task. I think he thought I was on drugs, because I was acting so strange. Thankfully, there was a knock on his door after a few minutes of him starting to get mad, because I was stalling and not putting my mom on the phone. Lo, and behold, it was my mom at the door.

So, from this little lesson I learned that if you're planning on surprising someone plan to arrive before they decide to call home. It will make for much happier phone conversations.

Love you both! =)

No comments: