Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lesson #19


Lesson #19 - Marriage and love go hand in hand.

This is a fitting lesson today for two reasons. The first is that it's my 9th wedding anniversary. Thanks for walking me down the aisle, Dad!

The second is because my dad recently emailed me the following tidbit for the blog...

"This next sentence is 100% true; "I owe everything that I have been
able to accomplish to Mom." Period. That is not an exaggeration. She
has always encouraged me, supported me and done whatever was needed to
help me succeed.

Would it be possible to include Mom in my blog? Maybe make it my "Mom
& Dad" blog? Hey, I only was able to contribute so much. Mom
contributed everything to you guys."

My parents have been married for more years than you can shake a stick at. The biggest lesson they've taught us about marriage is that you just work it out. There's no such thing as a blissfully happy couple all of the time. It's not possible. But there is such thing as a couple who loves one another, is committed to one another and, no matter what, stands by one another. That's my parents. Great lesson. Thanks, Dad and Mom!

I love you both!

No comments: