Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lesson #10

Lesson #10: Cookies taste better with a big, cold glass of milk.

My dad has never been one for a lot of sweets (unlike me!). He does like his Oreos though. Plain old Oreos - not the new fancy, schmancy ones or the generic sandwich cookies. And really there's no comparison between the Oreos and the generic cookies. Oreos win hands down.

Whenever he has Oreos he also has a big, cold glass of milk for dunking. It may not seem like there'd be a lesson in this simple act, but I think there is.

For me it's a reminder to savor the simple things. Sometimes there's nothing better than cookies and milk...not a million dollars, not a huge mansion high on some hill, not anything money can buy. Sometimes milk and cookies are all that you really need.

I love you, Dad!

No comments: