Monday, June 23, 2008

Lesson #9

Lesson #9: Spelling is important.

For some reason this morning I was thinking about spelling and I remembered being in school and having to study for spelling tests. Never a fun task. Unless my dad was helping me study, that is.

I remember him giving me tricks for remembering words and patiently quizzing me over and over until I got all of the words right. He'd even ask me again in the morning on his way out to work. So, I'm now a stickler for spelling. It's hard to fight the urge to circle misspellings in bright red ink....especially when it's somewhere prominent (like on a menu board sign outside of Applebee's...just as an example *grin*).

But the lesson isn't really about spelling. It's about taking the time to help. No matter how busy or tired or overwhelmed you find yourself, helping someone else (even with spelling words)can leave a lasting impression. Thanks for the help, Dad!

I love you!!

(And just in case the Applebee's sign writer is reading...."Apple" is not spelled "Appel".)

No comments: