Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lesson #12

Lesson #12: Just Say No

Well, yesterday's post made me think about all of the people that came into our lives while growing up via my dad's business.

There was a very, very nice gentleman who visited from Brazil. A nice guy with none of the arrogance of yesterday's said employee. Well, this man from Brazil was thrilled with the cost of things here in the U.S. and spent a ton of money on things for his family back home. He was quite generous and was touched by my parents' hospitality and the way he was so warmly welcomed to our small part of the world.

In fact, he was so touched that he offered my parents a present. A maid. A maid who he'd send up from Brazil and who could live on a cot in our laundry room. The gift of humanity.

What lesson did we learn from this? Yes, that's right...if anyone offers to send you a maid from a foreign country just politely say no. See? We learned some heavy life lessons early on in life! =)

I love you, Dad!

(And just in case my brother is reading this, NO, the offer probably does not still stand and you can't hire someone to clean your house and live in the laundry room.)

No comments: